Did you know that in fiscal year ending on June 30, 2013, Arizona Taxpayers spent up to$65 per day per inmate for a total of $950.7 MILLION Dollars housing inmates in our state?
Doesn't it make more sense to invest a couple of hundred dollars per child per year keeping them busy and out of trouble to begin with?And, as adults they will be paying taxes, not living off of yours.
Click on the above title link for important information about this subject.
Click on the above title link for important information about why!
Click on the above title link for important information about how.
"We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, Great Speeches
University of Pennsylvania
September 20, 1940
Benefits of Extracurricular Activities:
1. Time Management & Prioritizing
2. Diversifying a Child's Interests
3. Learning About Commitments and Teamwork
4. Better Self Image
5. Learning Relationship Skills
6. Vital on College Applications
7. Learning to Compete Fairly
8. Improve Physical Strength and Ability
9. Lower Dropout Rates
10. Lower incidence of drug use and Risky Behaviors
11. Higher GPAs Overall
12. Increased Chances of Scholarships for College13. Better Citizenship and Willingness to Help Others
14. Increased Interest in Church and Spiritual Growth
These are some of the many benefits that occur
from student participation in these activities.